[Gllug] KDE or Gnome

Darren Evans devans at presscentre.net
Wed Jul 18 12:00:19 UTC 2001

I don't have a preference other than i've found KDE much more
stable than Ximian (gnome distribution).  Ximian is very graphically
polished, i suspect eye candy is the reason most people use it.
There are few 2.1.1 themes for kde 2.1.1 yet, so if you want your
desktop to look like something from the Tate Modern forget it.

I'm old school, so I recommend looking at Afterstep/Windowmaker
and icewm too.

Darren

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk