[Gllug] Contracts

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 22:49:31 UTC 2001

Hey folks.

I'm starting a new contract next week, its of a different nature in the
sense that its not being farmed out to me by another contracter, its between
me and the company direct.  What I need is a contract that states basically
the following,

I will carry out work as specified
X amount will be paid upfront as a deposit
I can change my mind if i return the deposit
they cannot change their mind.
I will distribute all sources and distribute it to them to do as they please
However I still retain the rights to the design etc.
I will not be held responsible for data loss, any problems caused etc by my
work
They cannot hold me liable for anything (if possible)
They will pay within a week of the product being installed
I will maintain hardware for a year and will fix any faults found with my
application.
I will not maintain my hardware/software if they change anything with my
system (Ie format the hard disk...)
I will not maintain my hardware/software if they change something with
another system (They  change to an incompatible network etc...)

I would like to know if anybody has a template or a sample I can use to
create a contract. I would also like a sample specification for a project
more so for aesthetics than content.I think i have covered everything but
any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk