[Gllug] sms-to-email

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 11:36:35 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Nasrat <pnasrat at uk.now.com>
To: <gllug at linux.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Gllug] sms-to-email

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 12:15:24PM +0100, French, Alastair wrote:
> > Could you let me have the details of the lycos / cgi hack please. I am
> > trying to set up a sms system at home and need something like this
>
> perl -MCPAN -e "install Bundle::LWP"
> man LWP

lycos seem to have tightened up the use of this service.  They now present
you with an image of a two or three digit (I forget exactly which) number
that has been dynamically generated and you have to read and manually enter
this into a form element on the next page.  I was thinking about trying to
write a perl script to read the image and try and recognise the characters,
but I haven't had time yet :-(

will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk