[Gllug] Travel to Linux Beer Hike

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 12:48:00 UTC 2001

David Freeman wrote:

> Why not join the rest of us in tent village?
The other half would kill me.

> R U sure? I have been through the tunnel in a car for £12 a couple of
> years back and if you browse last minute.com you can get similiar
> pricces. Also if you were to come up to harwich and go across to
> holland it comes in at between £100-200 which even with the slight
> extra fuel cost, will be cheaper than the tunnel.

> £500 seams alot to me.
I agree - I just got a quick price from LTVC website.
Last year I think I was quoted about 300 from Prossers.

> if you are going to hire, it may be cheaper to
> train it to brussels and then hire a bus from there.
How about the kit though?

It might be an option though -
my other half gets a free upgrade to 1st class on the Eurostar.
The troops could travel via train,
and I could take the kit in our Scenic.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk