[Gllug] Travel to Linux Beer Hike

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 12:01:18 UTC 2001

 --- john.hearns at framestore.co.uk wrote: > I would like to get some
more firm ideas about
> people intending to go to the Linux Beer Hike this
> year please.  http://lbw2001.ynfonatic.de
>
> Firstly, I haven't booked any accomodation yet :-(

Why not join the rest of us in tent village?

> I've just looked up prices for the Eurotunnel.
> It's 360 UKP for a car, and 560 for a minubus -
> I can't seem to see cheaper fares.

R U sure? I have been through the tunnel in a car for £12 a couple of
years back and if you browse last minute.com you can get similiar
pricces. Also if you were to come up to harwich and go across to
holland it comes in at between £100-200 which even with the slight
extra fuel cost, will be cheaper than the tunnel.

> A twelve seater minibus might cost around 500 UKP
> to hire for a week.
> If there were (say) six people that comes to maybe
> 200 UKP each for transport.
> The minibus has the advantage though of being able to take
> loads of kit, and to take people off on the walks,
> as last year.

£500 seams alot to me. if you are going to hire, it may be cheaper to
train it to brussels and then hire a bus from there.

> Ideas, and pointers to cheaper ferry/minubus rates off list
> please.

See above,

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk