[Gllug] Ethernetworking

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 17:23:03 UTC 2001

tet at accucard.com wrote:

> However, virtually no-one uses 10base2 any more, and the world
> has standardised on 10baseT (and 100baseT, but that's just a
> faster version of the same thing).

And a good thing too.
As Colonel Kurtz, obviously speaking about thinwire Ethenet said,
"The horror... The horror...."

Strange things could happen on these networks - if one person plugged in
a dodgy connector,
they would be alright, but others in different rooms could be knocked
off the net. Arrgh....

And is someone with more wisdom than I (I'm not THAT old Bill)
going to tell us all about big thick yellow cables - the true Ethernet,
and vampire taps?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk