[Gllug] mySQL and PHP

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.org
Tue Jul 10 12:34:13 UTC 2001

Harry, I strongly suggest that the application that's writing each
successive log entry is trained to use some sort of markup, not to just
dump stuff in.

If you want an easy hack, just drop <br /> in between entries.
If you want to be more interesting, drop in some simple XML markup and run
it out through a stylesheet.
In the middle, you could just put some more interesting HTML markup in it.

Although I actually think that each loggable entry should have been in a
separate table/row, and the full output constructed from a query, rather
than just being grabbed out of a single field.

Quick wafting zephyrs vex bold Jim
Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk