[Gllug] sendmail binding to 127.0.0.1

Xander D Harkness Xander at Harkness.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 13:17:15 UTC 2001

I have just installed sendmail on an internal mail relay (Red Hat 7.1)

After install I could no relay mail though it.

I port scanned the box and it was not offering a service on port 25.

The output from netstat -anp is as follows:

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      996/sendmail: accep

Where is the instruction to bind sendmail to 127.0.0.1 and how do
I alter it?

Cheers
Xander

                -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759