[Gllug] duel booting

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Wed Jul 11 09:14:12 UTC 2001

>           I do not think if this will be of any help or not but I have
> had very little trouble dual booting Mandrake 7.1 and Windows95/98
Incidentally, if you are trying to dual (duel) boot Linux with NT, I've
found that you should install NT first, so that the NT boot loader is in
the MBR.  Then install Linux and write LILO to the first sector of the
boot partition.

Then you do the faffing about of exporting the Linux boot sector into a
file, and write it to the NT partition (C:\) and edit the NT bootloader to
boot Linux.

If anyone's interested I'll find a link to the How-To I read...

Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk