[Gllug] Staroffice Feedback

bredroll bredroll at atari.org
Wed Jul 4 07:59:05 UTC 2001

I have always had quite modest hardware so at first i was not expecting
staroffice to perfrom well on my P150 back when i first got it. however
once installed the only grumble i had was it took just as long as that
other office suite to start up ;-)

Once running it seemed fairly stable, a few minor grumbles with word
document format output (but i accept that is m$'s fault for producing
such bad variations of thier own doc formats)

Fairly fast Soffice is generally always on a system that i use. (except
for my laptop as its full of divxs) The software is very intuative, the
only barrier it needs to overcome is the stupidity of the generall windows
user who gets confused when the copy and paste toolbar buttons get moved
10 pix to the left or equivalent silly differences.

I havent looked or anything but do you thinks there would be plans to
allow use of scripting languages (securely of course) such as perl, bash,
etc. Maybe a CPAN module could arise to perform operations on documents in
starwriter.

Ian Norton

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk