Windows was Re: : [Gllug] content

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 02:50:35 UTC 2001

 --- Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote: > Simon Bunker wrote:
> > Does anyone else use these much?
>
> I think I've only got around twenty windows open at the moment.

I don't know why but on our Sun box when I have my normal number of
terminal windows (Xterm) open it numbers 25 or more, and this stops
other users from opening terminal windows with the error message:
Unable to get pty.

Any ideas how to fix it? I would like a few more windows for normal
use, I am not unknown to have 35 Xterms in use at any one time.

> > I have never had to use all 4 (or 8) though.
>
> ...and I find one is enough when done right.

Agreed, especially on a twin view 21 inch monitor, dream, dream!

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk