[Gllug] Laser printer, false economy

Bruce Richardson brichardson at lineone.net
Sat Jul 14 14:46:07 UTC 2001

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 7/14/01, 1:30:56 PM, Andrew Richardson <ahrichardson at clara.net> wrote
regarding Re: [Gllug] Laser printer, false economy:

> We use a number of HP laserjets where I work.  The LJ 4 's are a damn
sight
> better than the 5L or 6L models.  These vertical feeders have big
problems
> with paper feeding and keep jamming.

This is also my experience.  We have a whole range of HP laserjets,
from III to 8000DN and the old models are definitely more reliable.

Another issue is if you will be printing to your printer from Windows
workstations.  The Microsoft-provided drivers (which only cover the
earlier ranges) are much more reliable than the HP drivers.  We've had
endless pain with HP drivers for the newer models.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk