[Gllug] Web Space

Simon Pither simon at allsecurenet.com
Fri Jul 27 09:18:44 UTC 2001

"Jackson, Harry" wrote:
>         I have a couple of domains registered with UK2.net and they offer
> 500MB of web space for £6.58 a month. Are there better deals anywhere
> because I would like to get my feet wet and get some kind of presence on the

There are various places that do offer cheaper hosting than that.

<advert>

For example http://www.allsecuredomain.com/ provide web hosting from £10
per year for 250MB.  We also provide fairly competitive domain
registration, including DNS management facilities.

> net with my own site. They also offer DNS management for £1.41 I am not sure
> what this will enable me to do as I have never actively had to ask for DNS
> before. I believe this would enable me to create sub domains off the .coms,
> would this cost me money. The newbie thread springs to mind in asking these
> questions.

I don't know what uk2.net provide, however our system allows you to:-
- change the name servers for the domain
- change the mail exchanger pointers for the domain
- add/edit/remove host entries (eg www.)

Not really DNS, but you can also control how e-mail gets redirected if
it's being handled by our servers.

This is all included in our normal domain registration prices.

We don't currently offer the ability to create sub domains, although we
will do at some point in the future.  Whether creating sub domains off
of normal domains you already own costs anything is entirely up to DNS
provider.  There are no 'registration' fees as for normal domains.

</advert>

Simon

--
Simon Pither