[Gllug] Travel to Linux Beer Hike

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 11:14:14 UTC 2001

I would like to get some more firm ideas about
people intending to go to the Linux Beer Hike this
year please.  http://lbw2001.ynfonatic.de

Firstly, I haven't booked any accomodation yet :-(

I've just looked up prices for the Eurotunnel.
It's 360 UKP for a car, and 560 for a minubus -
I can't seem to see cheaper fares.

A twelve seater minibus might cost around 500 UKP
to hire for a week.
If there were (say) six people that comes to maybe
200 UKP each for transport.
The minibus has the advantage though of being able to take
loads of kit, and to take people off on the walks,
as last year.

Ideas, and pointers to cheaper ferry/minubus rates off list
please.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk