[Gllug] Libretto

Oliver Lawrence olly at tcwcom.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 11:45:30 UTC 2001

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Matt Bunter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just before the Expo I met Steve from Turtle and another whose name escapes
> me who had a Libretto with Linux on it. I have just aquired one and want
> some advice on how/what/where/when etc to install Linux onto it. I've also
> found a few sites on the net for this but wanted GLLUG/Lonix opinions and
> advice first.

Hi its Olly (the other from the expo)

I installed linux buy just takeing to hard disk out and putting it another
laptop. Before this how ever i tryed to do a PLIP intall but failed many
times. Also at the expo i talked to a guy from debian that had a libretto
to and recomends the boot from floppy once the images are in ram take it
out and put in a PCIMCIA network card and do an nfs or ftp install. (think
that will be the one i will use in the future).
	If you need a memory upgrade i just got one from www.offtek.co.uk
they seem to be cheapest and there uk based whith free pnp.

	-=Olly=-

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk