[Gllug] Editors

Chris Ball chris at cpan.org
Sun Jul 29 22:58:09 UTC 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 11:45:34PM +0100, David Freeman wrote:
> Sorry but it is bad upbringing on behalf of the criminals parents which
> meant that they do not know what is right and what is wrong

Whoa. Um. No, it isn't. The lack of a conscience is a form of psychosis,
in the same way that schizophrenia is. The sort of criminals who
*honestly* don't know what is right/wrong are unable to find out. The
other half are the ones who do realise exactly what they're doing, and
do it anyway. Even this may have nothing to do with parental upbringing.

> it is also societies problem that we have people who feel they need to
> steel as we don't provide them with what they need crime free.

And there also people who have made millions through theft and keep
doing it, viz. large-scale crime, Mafia organisations. I would be greatly
surprised if criminals in the prevalent case weren't unable to
differentiate right and wrong and commited crime for basic survival as
you suggest. The opposite, surely, is true in the huge majority of cases.

~C.

--
Chris Ball.
chris at cpan.org || http://printf.net/