[Gllug] Linux Conf GUI

Simon Bunker sibunks at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:20:08 UTC 2001

Ah that could be it - I'll have to look for it - I just noticed there was a
linuxconf --gui flag
could be something else though.

Yeah that is the main reason I have been using KDE2 instead of Gnome, as
without this it gets extremely difficult finding where to start configuring
stuff. A link to Linuxconf is included in KDE's Kontrol Panel, although it
wasn't working without linuxconf installed obviously.

Also is this the latest version of Gnome or is there an update? Does
Nautilus now come with Gnome or is it seperate - I just know I don't have it
yet :o) And is it worth getting? (atarting to download the rpm for the hell
of it anyway)

On the whole though I prefer using KDE for now.

Simon
http://www.rendermania.com/
UIN 11123737

> Have you installed the gnome package as well, there is the standard
> linuxconf and gnome-linuxconf for the gui as opposed to console version.
>
> I am horrified that Red Hat are looking to phase out the inclusion of
> Linuxconf as all beginners I introduce to Linux, that is one of the
> first places I point them to.  Red Hat have not seemed to move to
> replace it with anything else, certainly the Ximian utils are nothing
> like as comprehensive.
>
> It sounds like you are logged in as user and su-ing to root to run
> Linuxconf.  To test have you tried logging in as root to run Linuxconf -
> is it any different?
>
> Cheers
> Xander
>
> Simon Bunker wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Just being messing around with configuration tools and found that
Linuxconf

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk