: [Gllug] content

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Mon Jul 30 02:34:10 UTC 2001

Simon Bunker wrote:

> Why is it that most Linux screen shots on the net have 3 million
> windows on them?

Because a proper multitasking environment goes nicely with people who
can handle multiple tasks at the same time?

> when most of the GUI's give extra virtual desktops.

I hate those, I use only one by choice. People have tried to "educate"
me on that one but I'm going to continue to use only one, suits me.

> Does anyone else use these much?

I think I've only got around twenty windows open at the moment.

> I have never had to use all 4 (or 8) though.

...and I find one is enough when done right.

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk