[Gllug] C function strcasecmp

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Mon Jul 30 16:19:46 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:27:42PM +0100, Mark Hemment wrote:
> > .. which was exactly what I was saying.
>
> No it isn't.

Yes, it was. We were talking about ambiguous statements leading to different
results on different compilers.

> It cannot always get it right - as there is no right way (it is
> undefined).

What I meant was, it gets the answer right in every different interpretation
of the statement (post-increment before the add, post-increment after the
add, etc..). This obviously isn't the case with all ambiguous statements.

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk