[Gllug] MS IntelliMouse Explorer

Simon Stewart sms at digital-science.net
Thu Jun 28 11:22:51 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 09:49:22PM +0100, Martin Stevens wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 09:00:09PM +0100, Axel Segebrecht wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone a special trick to get the MS IntelliMouse (IntelliEye) Explorer
> > to work on Mandrake 7.2?!
> >
> > Got my two computers hooked up to a KVM and when I choose "IntelliMouse"
> > in HardDrake nothing happens... .
> >

> X or Console ? Does it work with GPM ?

If it works with GPM, then set X to use /dev/gpmdata as the pointer
device --- you'll be able to use the mouse both at the console and in
X. My current gpm config looks like:

Current configuration: -m /dev/misc/psaux -t ps2 -Rraw

If it doesn't, then I believe that the pointer type (in your
XF86Config, at least) should be IMPS/2....

Cheers,

Simon

--
"It's 106 light-years to Chicago, we've got a full chamber of anti-matter,
a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing visors."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk