[Gllug] Re: [bristol] NFS client for Windows

Rob Levine rob_levine at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 23 10:54:17 UTC 2001

Dear Dave,
I was really after some sort of head-to-head test of samba vs nfs - but I'll
take your word for it if there are no good clients around.
The issue arose because on my 100Mbit switched network I only get about 25%
of the speed I expect between Linux and Windows when copying files. However,
having just set up NFS between two Linux boxes, I get transfer rates near
the max of the network. I was just going to play around with different file
sharing methods...

Thanks,
Rob