[Gllug] setting ifconfig media type on bootup

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 09:35:09 UTC 2001

devans at unbreakable.presscentre.net wrote:

> I can't figure out how to set the media type "10base2" from bootup
> on Redhat 7.1.
>
> Without going into detail because it hurts this fixes a problem
> with network connectivity on a Xircom PCMCIA CreditCard.

I haven't used this particular card, but the parameter would
be set when the module for the card is loaded.

A quick swatch at the pcmcia source code leads me to suggest
doing

xirc2ps_cs if_port=10Base2

when you load the card. (Hope I got that syntax exactly right, ahem)
Is this module in your /etc/modules.conf?
If so, you will need to edit this file.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk