[Gllug] Freebies

Jim Halfpenny jimvin at lineone.net
Fri Jun 29 21:23:12 UTC 2001

Hi,
Does anyone know where free, obsolete computers can be found? I have been
trying to find a source of thrown-away computers to refurbish and pass on to
whoever needs them. Is there a group that does this kind of thing? I think
there are some people who refurbush machines and donate them to disabled
people.

I currently have a SPARCstation IPC which I want to install Linux on; does
anyone know if they can use large hard drives? I have a disk at home lying
spare, but I'm not sure if it will work. I might try it this weekend and
report on my progress :-)

Cheers,
Jimvin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk