[Gllug] Duplicate Debian setup

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Nov 7 10:49:00 UTC 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:45:24AM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> (almost) never know...). I used this method to download things to my
> laptop and bringing it to my friend and copying it over to her machine.
>
> apt-get update && apt-get autoclean
> apt-get install --reinstall -d `dpkg --get-selections | cut -f 1`

apt-get update && apt-get autoclean &&
apt-get -d --reinstall install `dpkg --get-selections | awk '{print $1}'`

which is the same difference, but was what I ended up using, cos I'm
an awk-abuser ;)

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Cheers,

Simon

--
So what if I have a fertile brain?  Fertilizer happens.
             -- Larry Wall in <200002121919.LAA27974 at kiev.wall.org>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk