[Gllug] 2.4.15

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri Nov 23 18:16:33 UTC 2001

>Quite. Hence my question. The whole point about apt and dpkg is that
>they work well together to resolve and automatically hold back/untangle
>dependencies. Something I've never seen any RPM based system - even with
>a front-end manager - cope with adequately.

The RH7.2 install seems to do reasonably well, even if it is a bit too
coarse grained for me (you can either satisfy all dependencies, or not
install any of the offending packages). Yes, I understand that this was
probably a design decision because the average user that RH is aiming
at probably can't cope with anything other than an "all or nothing"
decision. But that doesn't mean I have to like it...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk