[Gllug] Large mail files was -> RedHat

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Mon Nov 5 17:03:31 UTC 2001

> You want to run it on some kind of Journalling FS for best results, or
> else you'll need to chattr +S a few places. Which is the downside.
>
> Of course, you can ignore this, but at your peril - Cyrus doesn't like
> the FileSystem from vanishing beneath it in mid-write very
> much at all.

This is a little off putting for me at the moment, I haven't played with
journalling FS, my /var is a separate partition so I guess I could do
this. Can live ext2 be converted to Journalling FS ok (taking necessary
backup precautions in case of problems obviously).  Is Resiser FS ok to
go with now or is there another I should be looking at?  Didn't SGI
release theirs?

> The RPMs for RedHat are very good, and downloading the source and
> installing from that is fairly easy.

I'm using Debian, will do a search on Google to check if there are any
issues with this.

Dave thanks for all the useful information really appreciated.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk