[Gllug] Large mail files was -> RedHat

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Nov 5 16:59:27 UTC 2001

>Can live ext2 be converted to Journalling FS ok (taking necessary
>backup precautions in case of problems obviously).  Is Resiser FS
>ok to go with now or is there another I should be looking at?

ext3 or probably the one for you. Not only can you convert your
existing ext2 filesystem, but you can convert it back again should
you decide you don't like ext3. It's in Red Hat kernels now, and
according to Alan Cox, should make it into the mainstream kernel
line very soon. Until then, it's available as a separate patch.

Reiserfs or xfs (SGI's offering) or jfs (IBM's journaling fs) all
require a backup, creation of a new filesystem, and restoration from
backup.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk