[Gllug] Microsoft cookies

Xander D Harkness xanderpop at harkness.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 15:37:48 UTC 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Pete Ryland wrote:

> Cookies are in the HTTP headers, not the actual page.
>
> Pete

Okay - I had only seen them used when they would be set in the page and
hence visible.

The other method would be from the web server as you
mention providing the request in the header. Though here it did seem very
strange for DNUK to set cookies on the webserver for M$.

I have just had a response from DNUK.  They stated that they redirect any
request for a DLL or exe to the M$ support page.

I guess that either the redirect is acting strangely (I cannot imagine
Mozilla on Linux asking for a DLL).

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk