[Gllug] new XP poster

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 16:01:50 UTC 2001

I would suggest that of any community the LUGs are more likely than any
others not to use M$ products.

Of those that do I would anticipate that many would obscure the fact my
easily modifying the IE tags in the registry to say Mozilla or changing
the setting in Opera etc.

I would not expect many people to use non M$ products and alter them to
advertise themselves as M$ (only to access various web sites and even
here many have mentioned they would seek an alternate web site)

The two items above would probably end up cancelling each other out so
that the usage percentages of each would remain approximately correct.

The other great factor is lethargy, most people do not change default
settings.

I remain surprised at the high level of usage of IE within the group.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk