[Gllug] Large mail files was -> RedHat

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 17:20:17 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 16:59, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> ext3 or probably the one for you. Not only can you convert your
> existing ext2 filesystem, but you can convert it back again should
> you decide you don't like ext3. It's in Red Hat kernels now, and
> according to Alan Cox, should make it into the mainstream kernel
> line very soon. Until then, it's available as a separate patch.
>
> Reiserfs or xfs (SGI's offering) or jfs (IBM's journaling fs) all
> require a backup, creation of a new filesystem, and restoration from
> backup.

Time to revive my 'Filesystems Shootout' idea, for about the
third time!

Maybe if the Foundry LDAP thing goes well we could have another one
on that?

Or maybe we could devote a GLLUG meeting to it?
With an all-in wrestling match at the end to determine
who is the One and Only King of Linux Filesystems.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk