[Gllug] Broad Band Access

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at uk.now.com
Mon Nov 5 17:22:56 UTC 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 05:12:10PM +0000, John Hearns wrote:

> But I'd like to explore this a little further.
>
> Let's say someone sets up a development of houses for
> telecommuting.

> I can't beleive that the Government, with all its much trumpeted
> initiatives on Broadband Britain, and telecommuting, would really
> intend its regulations to stand in the way of such a thing.

It can, as it can say that to provide such a scheme the developer should
bid for some spectrum....

> Just thinking out loud - as I normally do.
> I wonder if we should contact Radio Communications Agency or something
> to get this clarified?

The definition of "by way of business" might be this explanatory note:

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2001/20011177.htm

When I'm more awake I'll try and de-legalese it...

Paul

--
"we apologise for any inconvenience" - God's Last Message to His Creation
Courtesy of Douglas Adams

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk