[Gllug] RedHat

Dylan dylan at shinyboots.org.uk
Thu Nov 1 18:30:52 UTC 2001

Maybe SO interprets those functions correctly - Excel insists on
short-circuiting lookups and logic statements, so they could be coded to
circumvent that. Hence the functions can fail if evaluated correctly.
Apparently, it is easier for the user if the function is chort-circuited (but
take it from a guy schooled in (old style) predicate logic - short-circuits
in logic proofs are some of the things that let you 'prove' 2=1 or
black=white. Go figure on the consequences.)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk