[Gllug] Microsoft Steps up Security :)

Colin Murphy colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 09:10:45 UTC 2001

Tushar Joshi wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q276/3/04.ASP
>
> Error Message: Your Password Must Be at Least 18770 Characters and Cannot
> Repeat Any of Your Previous 30689 Passwords
>
> Tushar

It's this bit that gets me:-

'A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to

correct the problem described in this article and should be applied only to

systems experiencing this specific problem. This fix may receive additional

testing at a later time, to further ensure product quality. Therefore, if

you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft recommends that

you wait for the next Windows 2000 service pack that contains this fix.'

I guess this would bother me, but then, I get bothered when I can't have
'r00t' as a password ;-)

Colin Murphy - colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk