[Gllug] Proposed meeting in Cyberia on 9th December.

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Sat Nov 17 10:02:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 19:09, Colin Murphy wrote:
> This appears to have fallen into the ether, apologies if it turns up twice.
>

> If we were to use Cyberia as a venue for a December meet / install fest,
> they would want 100gbp off us!  This is for the downstairs room from 1
> to 7pm.
>
> Anyone remember 'Sub Cyberia' night club?  In the same rooms, tho' they
> says they've done them up a bit.
>
> I'm a bit dissappointed, but they say this is to cover the extra
> staffing costs.

Hmmmm....

100GBP is not out of the question for a Linux distro to sponsor
I suppose.

However, PC Heaven, in Rathbone Place (?) just off TCR has opened a
cyber cafe downstairs.
PC Heaven is the shop with the nice cases in the window, just across
from the Computer Exchange which sells all the old console games.

I spoke a few weeks ago to the bloke behind the counter, when they
were still building the cyber cafe. He seemed OK with the idea of
a GLLUG gathering.

We drop a hint that lots of money will be spent by GLLUGers buying
Christmas presents, in return for a free use of the room.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk