[Gllug] Idea for meeting

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Wed Nov 7 14:32:19 UTC 2001

A thought I had (well, actually, someone suggested it to me, and I've seen
it at another LUG):

One of the joys of Linux is that there are so many little tools out there
which are incredibly useful, but which you'd never find if no-one told you
about them.  I think it would be nice to have a small spot (5-10 minutes)
set aside between a couple of the talks for someone to introduce their
favourite 'small useful tool'.  It might also be a nice chance for someone
who doesn't want to give a full-length talk, for whatever reason, to talk in
a less formal way...

Anyway, what do y'all think?

It might be too late now to do this for this week's meeting, but it might be
possible.  If anyone fancies volunteering for this week, get in touch with
me, and I'll make sure someone is there with your tool in their laptop
(Oo-er!) so you can demo it if you want, without having to take your own
laptop along.  You wouldn't have to demo it, but it might be nice...

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk