[Gllug] Tax write-offs

Formi rcarrera at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 15:48:31 UTC 2001

 Hi,

 I did some voluntary work for Plan International in their
 headquartes in Camden Town.

 I tell you in this case is a "money grabbing business".

 What I am saying is not my personal view, it was told by
 paid staff.

 British woman from middle class starts a charity, few years afterwards
 she is still the director, and earns 6 digits amounts, as salary plus
 several other amounts.

 Charities are allowed to keep a percentage of all money they get for
 administration costs. I'm not really sure but I think I heard is
 something between 10-20%, somebody correct me please.

 In Plan's case that get several millions of UKP, that money ends up in
 many not very charitable hands.

 Appart they try to get as much done by unpaid volunteers so they have
 more of the admin money for themselves.

 And they do many other things, some really nasty, that could
 send them broke if the general public knew about them.

 I am not writing them down.

 There are charities and charities, but most of the huge ones are "IN
 BUSINESS" will all the usual capitalism habits.

 I still do voluntary work, but not for them.

 While I worked there I processed the TAX giveaways, and most come from
 businesses and wealthy people.

 So there must be a reason, not exactly a good-heart.

                                                             Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk