[Gllug] POP3 server

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 16:01:50 UTC 2001

There are a couple of ways you can get round this.

The easiest as you have the pop3 daemon on your box is to set the users
shell to /bin/false in the /etc/passwd file.  Any cammand they try to
run (login etc.) will fail.

Other than that you could install something like Cyrus imap which runs
its own password file.

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk