[Gllug] More Microsoft FUD

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Nov 7 16:53:02 UTC 2001

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 03:58:35PM +0000, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >The document is in Word format, on
> >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/embedded/docs/sakcomp.doc
>
> Wow, I'm impressed. Not your usual MS FUD, this one's full of just
> outright lies.

I'd be most interested to hear how many MicroSofties(R) are involved
in driver testing and development for _every_ driver:

"Linux often uses drivers created by a single developer, which in some
 cases are not tested, and are likely not supported with new versions
 and updates as often as is necessary."

I'm sure that there are some drivers for MS(R) kit that only have a
small team (say a half dozen people) working on, and as for the
specious claim about "likely not supported", can I please install my
old ISA graphics card using the driver for 3.1 on XP?

Thought not. Pah!

Cheers,

Simon

--
Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk