[Gllug] Re: problems with Athlon cpu

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Tue Nov 6 10:00:18 UTC 2001

Hi,

If you are running an Atholon you should have at least a 300 watt psu
preferably 350 watts.

Sorry if you have already done this but check the hardware compatibility
lists for the distro you use.  We had an Athlon 1.4 with a DDR ram set up
which wouldn't boot from the standard Debian CD's.  we had to compile a
custom boot disk and the whole thing now works pretty good now apart from,

<flame> poxy TNT video cards </flame>

A second word of advice though don't necessarily take the advice of the
hardware manufacturer as their compatibility lists are not as up to date
as the distro people.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk