[Gllug] Where has the modem gone

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Wed Nov 21 16:39:03 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 14:21, Jonathan Dye wrote:
> >Being able to colour is important - I can get sent drafts, make
> >amendments, highlight them, etc., and send it back.
> I see you think about the colour blind people when you do these things.

Colour blind people can see things that are coloured. What you mean is
"I assume that you choose colours that are indistinguishable to colour
blind people". Firstly, we don't, and secondly, it's not colour for the
sake of it: we colour code certain things at work, and all who need to
use this information are able to make it out so it doesn't matter
anyway.

> >Being able to cut-and-paste sensibly with a wordprocessor is also
> >extremely important, and again, I can't do that with text.
> You can't cut and paste text sensibly with a word processor?  What kind of
> word processor are you using?

One which doesn't transfer formatting into ASCII-art for me. If you know
of one, please tell me - but it's not abiWord.

It's not just about getting the text into an email - it's about getting
it there and preserving the richness of the formatting: it's important.
Same cutting & pasting from a webbrowser: are you telling me you can do
that without having to rework the copy?

Cheers,

Alex.