[Gllug] Where has the modem gone

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Nov 22 11:51:37 UTC 2001

On , 21 Nov 2001, Alex Hudson wrote:
>On Wed, 2001-11-21 at 14:21, Jonathan Dye wrote:
>>>Being able to colour is important - I can get sent drafts, make
>>>amendments, highlight them, etc., and send it back.
>>I see you think about the colour blind people when you do these things.
>Colour blind people can see things that are coloured. What you mean is
>"I assume that you choose colours that are indistinguishable to colour
>blind people". Firstly, we don't,

Umma. Colour blindness comes in several different flavours.

>and secondly, it's not colour for the
>sake of it: we colour code certain things at work, and all who need to
>use this information are able to make it out so it doesn't matter
>anyway.

That's all very well in a small office, but it does mean that this
approach is not generally useful.

>Same cutting & pasting from a webbrowser: are you telling me you can do
>that without having to rework the copy?

Sure... if the Web browser isn't Netscape. The problem here is that
Netscape usually gives you something utterly pathological; a decent
Web browser could have much more graceful handling of having text cut
out of it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk