Distro version numbers - Was:; Re: [Gllug] RH 7.1 -> 7.2 upgrade problems

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Fri Nov 23 18:34:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 05:09:49PM +0000, Tushar Joshi wrote:
> > morning i have on my desk my new Cd's[1] and i get to spend Sunday playing
> > with Slackware 8.0 and RedHat 7.2.

> A convert (slacky)!!! yay! Now does that mean you'll drop the east end
> accent? :)

I doubt it somehow on the accent.

I like Slackware because its got a nicer minimal installer than the others
and because on my laptop i run SuSE with Slack 7.1, OpenBSD 2.9 and soon
Slack 8.0 in VMware for playing about and testing network services.

It gets a bit slow when i try and run two virtual machines but it works
OKish.

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk