[Gllug] Another Quick Mutt question

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 00:33:08 UTC 2001

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Rob Andrews uttered the following:
> [24-Nov-2001 12:02.49 (GMT) / Nix]
>  > > Enter the mh-folder, enter the magical command
>  > > 	$ cat * > mbox
>  > This is why I love mh (and similar things, like Gnus's nnml, which is
>  > basically mh with a news overview file); the ability to use the whole
>  > Unix toolbox on your mail :)
>
> You can with practically every Unix mailer! 'cept those sick ones that store
> in strange format mailboxes.

Yes, but the other major format[1] sticks it all in one big lump, which
is silly; this sort of thing is what the filesystem is for. You can't,
e.g., process all mail that came in in the last week via a single find
call with mbox mailboxes.

[1] mbox --- maildir is the same as mh for my purposes

--
`The situation is completely under control. All of them were killed.'
     --- Alim Razim, for the Northern Alliance, demonstrating fine

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk