Distro version numbers - Was:; Re: [Gllug] RH 7.1 -> 7.2 upgrade problems

Roger Whittaker roger at suse.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 04:52:11 UTC 2001

I think it's clear that it's a mixture of the two - some work would be
done whether it was funded or not, albeit more slowly: other work would
not get done at all.

However my main point was essentially simply this - that the existence of
commercial Linux distributions is more or less essential if Linux is going
to make real progress toward the aim of `world domination'.

--

Roger Whittaker

  020 8387 1482
 roger at suse.co.uk