[Gllug] Wireless local loop provider in London area.

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 18:08:21 UTC 2001

I thought a few people might be interested in http://www.tele2.co.uk

This is not a sales pitch; however I have been looking to buy a
connection at home and this seems to be a reasonable price.  Hence I
just signed up I will advise on how the installation goes ;-)  In
addition as it does not use a telephone line there are no line rental
charges for an extra line.  (I was told that ADSL would not run on my
existing lines)

The lady on the phone says that if the engineer sees a couple of
networked PCs they will not install the single user package - Time to
shut off a few rooms in the house!!

Cheers
Xander

Wireless-DSL Unlimited Price/pm
24/7 Unlimited Internet Access
Download Speeds up to 512Kbps
Upload Speeds up to 256Kbps
Private IP Address (NAT)
Single User*
10 Email Addresses
20Mb Web Space
USB Connection**
Monthly Fee: £39.99

Small Business Upgrade Price/pm
Public IP Address (Fixed)
Ethernet Connection
Unlimited Users
Unlimited Email Addresses
Additional Monthly Fee: £55.00

Maximize the potential offered by the Tele2 service.
Connect unlimited users to your network, using a standard Ethernet
Connection and e-nable your business with a Public IP Address - a must
for web hosting and e-commerce applications.

Speed Upgrade Price/pm
Download Speeds up to 768Kbps £35.00
Download Speeds up to 1Mbps £85.00
Upload Speeds up to 512Kbps £10.00
Upload Speeds up to 768Kbps £30.00
Upload Speeds up to 1Mbps £65.00

Increase your Upload and Download speeds.
Make your service symmetrical or maximize your browsing and file
transfer capabilities at the 'flick of a switch'.
Temporary speed upgrades also available.

Service Level Price/pm
Download Speed of 32Kbps £10.00
Download Speed of 64Kbps £15.00
Download Speed of 128Kbps £50.00