[Gllug] Wireless local loop provider in London area.

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Mon Nov 12 23:19:44 UTC 2001

Interesting, since I heard about tele2 in 98 i think. They were suposed to
be serving 90% of the uk by 2001, well as far as I can see they don't seem
to be serving 5% of the uk at the moment. Do they serve london or is it
still only reading? Last I went to their site, all the links were broken
and it looked like they were out of business.

Tushar

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 07:08:21PM +0100, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> I thought a few people might be interested in http://www.tele2.co.uk
>
> This is not a sales pitch; however I have been looking to buy a
> connection at home and this seems to be a reasonable price.  Hence I
> just signed up I will advise on how the installation goes ;-)  In
> addition as it does not use a telephone line there are no line rental
> charges for an extra line.  (I was told that ADSL would not run on my
> existing lines)
>
> The lady on the phone says that if the engineer sees a couple of
> networked PCs they will not install the single user package - Time to
> shut off a few rooms in the house!!
>
> Cheers
> Xander
>
> Wireless-DSL Unlimited Price/pm
> 24/7 Unlimited Internet Access
> Download Speeds up to 512Kbps
> Upload Speeds up to 256Kbps
> Private IP Address (NAT)
> Single User*
> 10 Email Addresses
> 20Mb Web Space
> USB Connection**
> Monthly Fee: £39.99
>
> Small Business Upgrade Price/pm
> Public IP Address (Fixed)
> Ethernet Connection
> Unlimited Users
> Unlimited Email Addresses
> Additional Monthly Fee: £55.00
>
> Maximize the potential offered by the Tele2 service.
> Connect unlimited users to your network, using a standard Ethernet
> Connection and e-nable your business with a Public IP Address - a must
> for web hosting and e-commerce applications.
>
> Speed Upgrade Price/pm
> Download Speeds up to 768Kbps £35.00
> Download Speeds up to 1Mbps £85.00
> Upload Speeds up to 512Kbps £10.00
> Upload Speeds up to 768Kbps £30.00
> Upload Speeds up to 1Mbps £65.00
>
> Increase your Upload and Download speeds.
> Make your service symmetrical or maximize your browsing and file
> transfer capabilities at the 'flick of a switch'.
> Temporary speed upgrades also available.
>
> Service Level Price/pm
> Download Speed of 32Kbps £10.00
> Download Speed of 64Kbps £15.00
> Download Speed of 128Kbps £50.00
> Download Speed of 256Kbps £100.00
> Download Speed of 512Kbps £200.00
> Download Speed of 768Kbps £500.00
> Download Speed of 1Mps £900.00
>
> Upload Speed of 64Kbps £10.00
> Upload Speed of 128Kbps £25.00
> Upload Speed of 256Kbps £50.00
> Upload Speed of 512Kbps £100.00
> Upload Speed of 768Kbps £300.00
> Upload Speed of 1Mps £500.00
>

> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk