[Gllug] Microshite XBox unveiling (Review)

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Fri Nov 23 11:55:24 UTC 2001

Well yesterday was apparently the XBox unveiling, but I figure it was not,
or rather hope not, since there weren't many people there at all. Plenty of
machines to play with and off course, free beer :) They also had some small
ritz sized snacks. Anyway not that I was there for free beer/food, I
manageds to play on quite a few games. A couple I really liked. Although
the graphics weren't bad, I might not be able to tell the difference
between the XBox and a PS1. Speed wasn't much better, although there were
no complaints about it (coming from someone who plays games twice a year).

The control pads were complicated, unlike the PS1 where you have one
directional control, you have 3 on the XBox, which did my head in. So half
the time I was trying to work out which one did what. They had about 3
different control pads there, one control pad was like a steering wheel and
you could move one of the sides to simulate the top of a real steering
wheel.

Overall, I'd stick with a PS1, I haven't seen the PS2 yet.

Tushar

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 10:13:00AM +0000, Tushar Joshi wrote:

> On the Radio today they mentioned Microshite were unveiling their new
> XBox today in London. They also had 5 tickets to be given away as a prize.
> Like anyone would want them. So I called up anyway, and guess what. Yes I
> won a couple of tickets! I'll let you know how it is, at least there must
> be free booze :) Maybe even a free XBox, and I might even be able to meet
> Bill Gates, my hero *swoon* ;o)

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk