[Gllug] Microsoft don't acknowledge Linux trademark.

Steve Brown steve.brown at Thales-Instruments.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 11:12:35 UTC 2001

William Palfreman wrote:
> others get acknowledges and Linux pointedly does not.  It implies that
> Linux is not a trademark but a generic term - and if you start allowing
> that you can loose your trademark I think.

You certainly can lose your trademark by not 'protecting' it, and when it
was trademarked, Linus specifically said this, and that *everyone* should
acknowledge it.

He also wanted to be notified of every infringement, so that action could
(as in, 'would') be taken. Don't know what the current situation is, but
maybe you should mention it incase?

-S
--

      Steve Brown,  Senior Engineer
Racal Instruments Ltd, Slough, Berks, UK.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk