[Gllug] anyone into PHP?

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Tue Nov 6 16:09:41 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 06 November 2001 2:54 pm, you wrote:
> > silly PHP question..... how do I force a jump to another page in PHP?
>
> The answer in terms of before output has already been given; I'm
> assuming you're trying to do this during a code block in the middle of a
> page, though.  I'm open to correction (and am usually corrected ;-)

It could be done with an include :-)

Obviously, this isn't correct 'generally', but if the php page is basically
something which processes some data and gives a result (i.e., shopping cart:
purchase items; did it succeed? Yes: say thank you, No: flag error) then you
haven't often output anything (read: shouldn't have :) and you can then just
continue processing in the other file, rather than cause a HTTP redirect.

Cheers,
					Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk