[Gllug] anyone into PHP?

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Nov 6 15:19:38 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 02:54:41PM +0000, Chris Ball wrote:
> On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 13:13, Allen Wayne wrote:
> > silly PHP question..... how do I force a jump to another page in PHP?
>
> The answer in terms of before output has already been given; I'm
> assuming you're trying to do this during a code block in the middle of a
> page, though.  I'm open to correction (and am usually corrected ;-) but
> I can't see this being possible outside of a meta-refresh or header -
> it's just not How HTTP Works.  I'm thinking that you're going to need to
> find another way to accomplish what you're trying to do.
>
> Sorry I can't be more help,

You can turn output buffering on in your php.ini file. This attempts
to render the whole page before outputting anything, and is smart
enough to put your headers and cookies at the head of the output (even
if they're invoked in the middle of the page)

The downside is that PHP appears to run a little more slowly than it
should.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine
print taketh away." - fortune file

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk